Monday, November 28, 2011

Stuck

Alright, alright I will admit it, I am stuck in a rut. This rut feels as big as a ditch. Painting is becoming impossible. I simply hate the paintings I have started, and it isn't getting better. After months of looking and making small moves no improvements to the paintings have been made, and I am greatly discouraged. The small collages I started don't feel like they are helping. At least they keep me in the studio and my hands moving. The one breakthrough (if you can call it that) I have had is I now know what is holding me back. It turns out that I don't know what kind of landscape I want to make. I seem to be stuck between the Northern California landscape I see everyday, and the Pacific Northwest landscape I want to continue to paint. When I figure out what I want to do, maybe I will be able to work successfully (I hope).

No comments: